Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Debate Censored
Debate censored

So, it seems this forum is a carbon copy of the Independent's website, that is, only one narrative suits and any topics contrary to that view point and censored.

Earlier on, I posted a topic titled 'EU concessions on the Irish border?".

Provided a link to Sebine Weyand whereby she had told EU ambassadors that using technology away from the border to protect the SM could be a possibility.

The thread has since evaporated into a cloud of dust and "debate uncensored" seems anything but...

[Image: attachment.php?aid=20] Ajda - clarification: I moved Ben's post about  'EU concessions on the Irish border?' which he is referring to above to another thread - see here http://debateuncensored.x10host.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=37&pid=169#pid169
Hi Ben, a post of mine disappeared some days ago. I put it to my not understanding all the procedures of the forum for answering. Ajda helped with it.

I think I read quickly something about Sabine Weyand but don't remember where. Why don't you try and post again this link? I'm interested because, like many, I don't see an easy solution to the Irish border.
(17-09-18, 10:27 PM)Ben Wrote: Earlier on, I posted a topic titled 'EU concessions on the Irish border?".

Ben,

Not sure what's caused your technological issues, however the forum's platform is somewhat clunky.  The key positive, compared to the Independent's site is that it is uncensored, i.e. not moderated by particular ideological agendas. 

[Image: attachment.php?aid=20] Ajda: Deleted the part of Ciaran's comment (about the Irish border) which was moved here http://debateuncensored.x10host.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=37&pid=200#pid200
(17-09-18, 10:27 PM)Ben Wrote: So, it seems this forum is a carbon copy of the Independent's website, that is, only one narrative suits and any topics contrary to that view point and censored.

Earlier on, I posted a topic titled 'EU concessions on the Irish border?".

Provided a link to Sebine Weyand whereby she had told EU ambassadors that using technology away from the border to protect the SM could be a possibility.

The thread has since evaporated into a cloud of dust and "debate uncensored" seems anything but...

Hi, Ben,

We are trying to keep this forum compact - fewer topics with longer debates.

Earlier today I rearranged the threads a little to reduce the number of open threads (you are a guest here, but this is already a second thread = separate topic that you opened today  Wink ).

I moved your previous post here: 
News articles of interest  http://debateuncensored.x10host.com/foru...php?tid=37
together with Ciaran's reply to you. Note that I marked my moderation (moving your post around) at the bottom of your comment.

If you want to discuss news articles, you are welcome to do so (articles from Express included) at the above link - open a new sub-thread for each article (instructions are at the top of the thread). Please do not open a new thread for each of your comments. We do allow even unregistered guests to open new threads because there may be important and interesting new topics to discuss - but before doing so, please look around to see whether you can place your comment into an existing thread.

Please be patient a little - we are only just setting this site up and trying to make it comfortable for debates. Note also that this is not a commercial site - management of the forum is based on voluntary work. (I hope you noticed how relaxingly clean it is - no aggressive advertisements all over the place).

I will also take this opportunity to explain to other posters that I occasionally meddle with their posts (intervention of a moderator is always automatically marked by the system at the top of the post). I never change the contents of the posts - only sometimes some formatting, or I insert a title at the top of the comment (to structure our debates), and probably I will occasionally move some posts to another thread. I do not always live a moderation note for a minor intervention (it is very time consuming).

Ben, if you register as a user, you will be able to see where all your posts are (including those that are moved around by moderators). This function is of course not available to guests (because you have no account to which your posts can be linked).

Ajda
Ciaran, can you please copy the part of your comment which is a reply to Ben's earlier comment about an Express article here:

News articles of interest  http://debateuncensored.x10host.com/foru...php?tid=37

Please read also my reply to Ben.
We welcome all views in the spirit of debate.
I enjoyed reading your longer post on here earlier Ben, it is good to have well-argued points such as I have seen from you so far.
I hope you will stay with us, even though we may have a slightly turbulent start.
Your post moved, along with others, after a conversation I had with Ajda about the need to consolidate the forum a little to bring people closer together and hopefully generate more discussion.
(17-09-18, 11:47 PM)Ajda Slovenia Wrote: Ciaran, can you please copy the part of your comment which is a reply to Ben's earlier comment about an Express article here:

Done!  Smile
I started a thread here yesterday about what I felt was general, unfair abuse towards English/British people, particularly
in the threads of the Independent.

It appears that this thread has been deleted... but to my way of thinking I didn't breach any of the guidelines, and was not even unpolite.  For a site called "Debate Uncensored", not even to say why this thread was (apparently) deleted seems a bit puzzling.  Anyone care to explain this?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=20] Ajda:

On 28.10.2018, Unterhund opened a new thread entitled "thread deleted?" with the above opening comment. I moved Unterhund's new thread to this new location.
@Unterhund
I don't think your posts were deleted, more like moved to another thread for the sake of consistency. I'll check. Maybe they are regrouped in the thread British insults, which we could rename as "Insults in the Brexit debate.
(28-10-18, 01:29 PM)Unterhund Wrote: I started a thread here yesterday about what I felt was general, unfair abuse towards English/British people, particularly
in the threads of the Independent.
It appears that this thread has been deleted... but to my way of thinking I didn't breach any of the guidelines, and was not even unpolite.  For a site called "Debate Uncensored", not even to say why this thread was (apparently) deleted seems a bit puzzling.  Anyone care to explain this?

None of your posts were deleted. I moved some to a new location - note that you opened FOUR new threads since you joined yesterday.

Your post which you are asking about is now here:
http://debateuncensored.x10host.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=144&pid=1401#pid1401

As Claire suggested, I changed the title of that thread to Insults in the Brexit debate.

Please stop serially opening new threads on a whim and try to respect the structure of the forum (see the private message I sent to you).

Note that you posted yesterday your above comment as a new thread in the Everything else forum, although it was about the Brexit debates.

PS: You claim "I started a thread here yesterday about what I felt was general, unfair abuse towards English/British people, particularly in the threads of the Independent" is not exactly true. I suggest you read again what you wrote at the above link.