Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signs of fascism in the UK
(14-06-19, 03:16 PM)CaroleG Wrote: Yes, I have. I find that my posts are actually reasonable....

Carole, in the meantime while you are writing 'reasonable posts' in which you claim that fascism in the UK can only be found in the EDL or whatever and banging on about definitions of fascism, the UK is being taking over by a proper nasty fascist coup. See here:

http://debateuncensored.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=366&pid=9537#pid9537

Enjoy your journey to Nele's hell.
(14-06-19, 03:26 PM)Ajda Slovenia Wrote: Carole, in the meantime while you are writing 'reasonable posts' in which you claim that fascism in the UK can only be found in the EDL or whatever and banging on about definitions of fascism, the UK is being taking over by a proper nasty fascist coup. See here:

http://debateuncensored.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=366&pid=9537#pid9537

Enjoy your journey to Nele's hell.

In truth I think there's always been quite a bit of fascism, in your terms, as far as I understand them, in the British system of govt, and especially in the Tory Party (sometimes wonder whether you actually read my posts: I was talking about the Thatcher govts possibly being fascist only today). Leaders have replaced other leaders, just as they have in the Labour Party, when they've been in power: it's true you will find hardly any British people who consider that a coup, although some might say it's not really very good.

Do you think Thatcher was fascist? If so, do you think she was a better or worse fascist than Johnson? So maybe the UK has always had fascist govts, at least under the Tories?

FWIW I think Johnson + No Deal Brexit represents a greater threat to democracy and civil rights than Thatcher. At least the latter was constrained by some European standards and frameworks (fewer back then), as you said about Orbán.
Meanwhile in Paris.. 

I borrowed some words from The Washington Post  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/eur...a95d313e28

At No. 11 Rue de Médicis is La Nouvelle Librairie, which proudly displays the works of proto-fascist thinkers (Joseph de Maistre) and convicted Holocaust deniers (Jean-Marie Le Pen).
“This is a space of liberty and resistance,” said François Bousquet, the shop’s director and the editor of Éléments, a right-wing journal. When asked resistance to what, he responded: “How to say it? To dominant leftist thought.”

Bousquet said his bookstore, indeed, has “certain objectives.”

Next door — at No. 9 Rue de Médicis — is the Red Wheelbarrow, an Anglophone bookshop named after a line from a William Carlos Williams poem.
Proprietor Penelope Fletcher, a Canadian who moved to France in 1990, doesn’t buy the victim narrative her neighbors have started selling with their books.
“This is what they do,” she said. “People used to hide the fact that they supported the [right-wing party Rassemblement National], and now they don’t. This bookstore takes it one step further, in presenting themselves as respectable ‘intellectuals.’ They’re smart. They know what they’re doing — and that’s scary.”
and, in the UK, they cannot claim they do not know, that they are unaware

what links the words race, exterminate, stock, ghetto ???

However, when Johnson was editor of the Spectator magazine in 2004, he sparked outrage in one part of the UK, when he authorised the publication of an apparently satirical poem describing Scottish people as "a verminous race" who should be exterminated. 

The poem, which has since been removed from the magazine's archive, was written by its then staffer James Michie. 

It described Scots as "tartan dwarves" who were "polluting our stock" and suggested that the country should be turned into a "ghetto" with the inhabitants submitted for "extermination."

https://www.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-published-poem-friendly-fire-james-michie-extermination-of-scottish-people-2019-6?r=US&IR=T
June this year will be the 35th anniversary of the brutal attack by police on striking miners at Orgreave in Yorkshire.
Don't expect to see any mention of it in the right wing UK press as they were only "working people" who were the targets.
As I have said before the fascist trend in the UK has been underway for several years and is not a recent phenomenon.

From the Guardian

The 35th anniversary of South Yorkshire police’s brutal operation against striking miners at the Orgreave coking plant near Rotherham will be marked on Saturday with a rally by campaigners still seeking the whole truth about the police actions, and public accountability. 

Read the article here https://www.theguardian.com/politics/201...ek-answers

This was just part of the Thatcher strategy to destroy the workers right to withhold their labour and usher in the GIG economy.
There are many routes to a fascist state.
in the nicest possible way, we’re signing your death warrant

Here is a member of the Conservative Party and the ERG patiently explaining how things are going to pan out in the UK, post Brexit.

It is no use to dismiss him as an idiot, which he clearly is, because now the idiots are in charge in the UK.  With Johnson they will have a the full hand of cards and you can see below, they are sure they cannot be stopped;

“Civilians should not be using language about death warrants – obviously. In the wrong hands such language could be dangerous. But I am a highly-trained military man with extensive knowledge of death warrants and how to properly apply them.

“I don’t want to scare you, but I could put a death warrant on you right now and you probably wouldn’t even know about it until it was too late. People say the territorial army is a pretend army, but I promise you there is nothing pretend about the death warrants we used in training.

https://newsthump.com/2019/06/19/i-know-all-about-death-warrants-from-my-extensive-training-in-the-army-confirms-mark-francois/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork