Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The next PM
Who will be the next PM

theresa may has annonced her resignation today.

The favorites :

boris johnson  
  • Former foreign secretary and mayor of London
  • Voted leave and has become an increasingly hardline Brexiteer 
  • As likely to make headlines over his private life
  • Has recently lost a lot of weight and smartened up his appearance
  • Leadership odds 5/4
dominic raab 
  • Shortlived Brexit secretary last year, replacing David Davis in the hot seat 
  • But walked in November over terms agreed by PM
  • Voted for Brexit in 2016
  • Leadership odds 4/1 
andrea leadsom
  • The Commons' Leader challenged May in 2016
  • Voted for Brexit 
  • Hosted Brexiteer 'pizza party' plot last year 
  • Increasingly outspoken Brexiteer
  • Leadership odds 10/1 
michael gove 
  • Leading Vote Leave figure in 2016 who now backs PM's Brexit deal
  • Former journalist, 51,  who stood for leadership in 2016
  • Was sacked as education minister by Theresa May
  • Later returned as Environment Minister
  • Leadship  odds 10/1
jeremy hunt
  • The Foreign Secretary voted Remain 
  • But has become an increasingly vocal Brexiteer
  • Former health secretary backs May's deal
  • Has approached ministers about running as a unity candidate
  • Leadership odds 16/1 
penny mordaunt
  • The MP for Portsmouth North is a Royal Navy reservist
  • Highly regarded in Brexiteer circles 
  • She has been consistently tipped to quit over Brexit but remains in the Cabinet 
  • Once appeared in a swimsuit in a reality TV show 
  • Leadership odds 20/1
sajid javid
  • The most senior cabinet contender
  • Voted Remain but wants to see Brexit delivered
  • Faced criticism as Home Secretary 
  • But has taken a hard line on Shamima Begum case 
  • Leadership odds 25/1
rory steward
  • Penrith MP, 46, is a former tutor to the Dukes of Cambridge and Sussex
  • Old Etonian ex-soldier worked for Foreign Office in Iraq and set up a charity for the Prince of Wales in Afghanistan
  • Voted for Remain and still backs a soft Brexit
  • Leadership odds  25/1
matt hancock
  • The youngest front-runner at 40
  • A Remainer who now backs Theresa May's Brexit deal
  • He wants the party to look to the future and attract younger voters
  • Leadership odds 33/1
esther mcvey
  • The 51-year-old was Work and Pensions Secretary until quitting in November
  • She was a presenter on GMTV before entering politics
  • Is engaged to fellow Tory MP Philip Davies
  • This week launched a 'blue collar Conservatism' project 
  • Leadership odds 66/1 

Say who is yours ? An why do you think he/she will be the next PM.

PS : the informations come from an impartial and reliable source : the daily mail   Tongue
A review of Treeza's premiership. - That went well then !

https://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2019/05...e-greatest

Oh, and concerning the list of Conservative contenders for the Iron Throne (Iron as in Irony!); none of the above.
Seen elsewhere...

Two iron laws emerge from the years of the Brexit nightmare. First, it always seems that things cannot get worse than they are at the moment. Second, they always do.

The election of Boris Johnson as Prime Minister in succession to Theresa May would confirm both these laws.
(26-05-19, 05:27 PM)Ramier Wrote: The election of Boris Johnson as Prime Minister in succession to Theresa May would confirm both these laws.

It would be most entertaining to see Johnson go for no deal, only to crawl to Brussels days later as the UK crashes to beg for mercy. Followed by PM Johnson unconditionally signing the post-no-deal deal = Irish backstop, immigrants' rights and money, but NO transition.  Big Grin
Do you remember Nathalie Loiseau's cat Brexit? 
No. 10 has a cat, is he Brexit?
I say he is the de facto PM, this thread is about the next puppet.
(26-05-19, 07:21 PM)SwaziKing Wrote: Do you remember Nathalie Loiseau's cat Brexit? 
No. 10 has a cat, is he Brexit?
I say he is the de facto PM, this thread is about the next puppet.

Larry the Cat for PM!

By the way, Larry will be Merkel's fifth British PM (Brown, Blair, Cameron, May, Larry).  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin 

I think now the Brits have overtaken the Italians at the frequency of changing PMs - a great achievement.

Oh, and Irish Border has chewed up 36 ministers and 2 PMs.  Cool Big Grin Big Grin
Hunt has an article in the Daily Torygraph by all accounts and he has also highlighted the one thing more important than the relationship UK/EU;

From the Gaurdian, my bold

The UK will be forced into a general election that will obliterate the Conservative party if a new leader pushes for the UK to leave the EU with no deal in October, Jeremy Hunt has said.
Having written in a Telegraph article that a no-deal Brexit would be “political suicide”, Hunt said on Tuesday he did not believe parliament would allow the UK to leave with no deal on 31 October and would force an early election.
“I’m making this argument because I want to solve the Brexit crisis we are in and I’m worried if we don’t solve it we will face a political crisis that is far bigger than our legal relationship with the EU; it could lead to the destruction of our party system and the end of my own party,” he told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme.

Amazing.
Who will be the next PM ?

Not Corbyn I think.  He has already climbed back onto his referendum avoiding fence.

the Labour leader said the party's conference in September would get the final say on its position, despite calls from senior figures for it to make its views clear now.

Mr Corbyn insisted that the party believed any final Brexit deal should be put to a "public vote" - but did not make clear whether that would be a general election or a referendum.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/pol...abour-will
(26-05-19, 07:38 PM)Ajda Slovenia Wrote: By the way, Larry will be Merkel's fifth British PM (Brown, Blair, Cameron, May, Larry).  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin 

How many PMs has Larry had?  My old Spot lived to be 24. How many PMs would she have had?
(28-05-19, 09:21 PM)smellybeard Wrote: How many PMs has Larry had?  My old Spot lived to be 24. How many PMs would she have had?

Big Grin  

Here are some of Merkel's trophies:

[Image: D7Z3Ra5XoAAEJHv.jpg]
Larger image: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7Z3Ra5XoAAEJHv.jpg

https://twitter.com/AlbertoNardelli/stat...6719873024

I think those EU ones are in particularly funny - since Merkel is a member of the European Council, she has regular meetings with all other EU PMs/presidents. The faces at these meetings are all changing - but Merkel is still here.  Cool