Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News articles of interest (UK politics)
(31-05-19, 09:29 AM)Ajda Slovenia Wrote: Good then, the French election system is really quite bad and needs to be changed.  Wink

Until I have jumped through all the bureacratic hoops of the French Nationality system to change my nationality I wont be able to totally invest in that system either.
I find that the electoral system in France at least at local level to be well organised and correct. When I am permitted to vote in a National election then maybe I will be able to comment on that.

So lets see what replies there are to PierrotLunaire quest for comparative and hopefully enlightening responses, hopefully without the spitefullness of the views expressed about UK people.
(31-05-19, 10:08 AM)PierrotLunaire Wrote: As that is as far as judgements of value go, I'd like to know how bad the French election system is , compared to other EU countries'.

Pierrot, Macron promised a reform of the election system - introduction of some elements of proportional representation.

(31-05-19, 12:46 PM)reesbog Wrote: I find that the electoral system in France at least at local level to be well organised and correct...
So lets see what replies there are to PierrotLunaire quest for comparative and hopefully enlightening responses

I posted some infographics that compare the election systems of all EU members here - in the thread Our right to vote:
http://debateuncensored.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=70&pid=9258#pid9258

I will also post there some materials about types of election systems etc.

Please continue the debate about election systems at Our right to vote.
The English.

A good english review of their current condition

After all, this is a week in which England – and it is always England – has once again been embarrassed by the behaviour of travelling fans. Fans of Nigel Farage, in this case, with the spectacle of his Brexit party MEPs turning their backs on a live performance of the European anthem at the opening of the new European parliament session in Strasbourg. We have seen it so many times before, of course – this pack mentality, this unprovoked loutishness, this excruciatingly entitled sense that it is acceptable, even imperative, to colonise a public space and behave absurdly rudely in it.

Farage might imagine he’s cosplaying as David Niven, but he's just another big-drinking Brit on a stag weekend in Europe
However, we have hitherto tended to see it outside a designated bar in, say, the old port in Marseille, one day before a football international, rather than in the debating chamber of a 28-state parliament. In terms of intellect, deliberate offence and filthy manners, there really is nothing to choose between a shirtless England fan singing 10 German Bombers while threatening to chuck some cafeteria furniture, and Ann Widdecombe ranting at MEPs that Brexit was comparable to slaves rising up against their owners.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre...exit-party
Marina Hyde's and John Craces's columns in The Guardian are among the best. Intelligent, human and witty. They are what we like about Britain. I'll be sorry to lose them as fellow EU citizens at Halloween.
(05-07-19, 06:02 PM)Ramier Wrote: [size=52.9509]The English.[/size]

[size=52.9509]A good english review of their current condition[/size]

[size=52.9509]After all, this is a week in which England – and it is always England – has once again been embarrassed by the behaviour of travelling fans. Fans of Nigel Farage, in this case, with the spectacle of his Brexit party MEPs turning their backs on a live performance of the European anthem at the opening of the new European parliament session in Strasbourg. We have seen it so many times before, of course – this pack mentality, this unprovoked loutishness, this excruciatingly entitled sense that it is acceptable, even imperative, to colonise a public space and behave absurdly rudely in it.[/size]

[size=52.9509] [/size]
[size=52.9509]Farage might imagine he’s cosplaying as David Niven, but he's just another big-drinking Brit on a stag weekend in Europe[/size]
[size=52.9509]However, we have hitherto tended to see it outside a designated bar in, say, the old port in Marseille, one day before a football international, rather than in the debating chamber of a 28-state parliament. In terms of intellect, deliberate offence and filthy manners, there really is nothing to choose between a shirtless England fan singing 10 German Bombers while threatening to chuck some cafeteria furniture, and Ann Widdecombe ranting at MEPs that Brexit was comparable to slaves rising up against their owners.[/size]

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre...exit-party

********* My reply:

Respect must be earned, never demanded. The EU lost our respect years ago. The anthem is a pretention of imperial statehood, something the British and French people never voted for and the EU know this. 

So it was HIGHLY INFLAMMETRY, PROVOCATIVE AND DISRESPECTFUL of the EU to colonise a debating chamber and  to expect our representatives to stand respectfully before the anthem. Yet they did it anyway. 

So yes, being under law we have no democratic say in, is slavery. And yes, we did rise up and free ourselves..
Quote : "The anthem is a pretention of imperial statehood, something the British and French people never voted for and the EU know this.

It's a damn sight better than a badly plagiarised hymn praying for king Louis XIV' s recovery from an anal fistula ( in other words : a bloody purulent pain in the ass ). May be now you could understand the smirk on some continental faces when your antheml is being played.
As a matter of fact the lyriics are an almost word for word translation of the French text composed by an old lady courtier on a JB Lully's partition.

Now , only a moron could mistake the "Ode to Joy" as an imperial (?????) statement : it is about love, brotherhood and beauty... You apparently do not understand any of these principles...

How sad !

But the filthy hooligans have left our parliament building... for good riddance.
Moonbeam Rider
(13-02-20, 12:19 AM)PierrotLunaire Wrote: Now , only a moron could mistake the "Ode to Joy" as an imperial (?????) statement : it is about love, brotherhood and beauty... You apparently do not understand any of these principles...
******** My reply:
Yes, "imperial" means of an empire and clearly the EU is an empire. Its own officials have talked about it. 

Why else have they got an anthem? And a flag and they're busy building an army and want an independent foreign policy....?
it is so boring.

I thought godsave the queen, rue britannia was a tad imperialistic sounding myself. caca does believes hypocrisy is an indicator of a low iq based on postings I have seen elsewhere.

its so feeble watching this play out
(13-02-20, 12:50 PM)Ranter. Wrote: it is so boring.

I thought godsave the queen, rue britannia was a tad imperialistic sounding myself. caca does believes hypocrisy is an indicator of a low iq based on postings I have seen elsewhere.

I've just discovered that thanks to caca adorer I was putting all Brits in the same basket ( I do respectl and like some of them, starting the list with my wife ).
So I will stop responding to the most imbecillic posts I've had the displeasure to find on the net.
He could all onj his own , indulge in his willy-measuring games he could play with his racists moron friends.
Moonbeam Rider
(13-02-20, 12:50 PM)Ranter. Wrote: it is so boring.

********** My Reply:

FACT CHECK: 
1) Rule Brittania is not a national anthem. So, wrong there. 

2) I made a list of imperialist trappings to compare the EU with empire. 

You conceded that point. Therefore you lose.